About Us

Emma(aka one time laziest person in the world) decided before she was 30 she wanted to run a marathon. Aubrey (aka super fit lunatic) decided he'd help her. Together they finished the Barcelona marathon 2011. With her 30th birthday fast approaching Emma was not content with having only one marathon under her belt before the big 3-0 and wanted to take on the King of all marathons - New York City. What could make this challenge even better? Raising €10,000 for the Irish Cancer Society. Over the next four months, they'll be pounding the pavements, shaking buckets and bleeding their friends dry all in the name of cancer research. This will be Emma's second marathon and Aubrey's forth.

Monday, July 4, 2011

The very first post!

There we are posing with our medals earlier this year after completing Marto Barcelona. What a day! Not only was there glorious sunshine, but I had just completed the unimaginable - I had finished a marathon! No not a shopping marathon or a sleep marathon(I've a good couple of those under my belt!), an actual road race, with people who liked to run for a very long time. It's an experience I'll never forget it.

Before I took on Barcelona, I thought I'd never compete in one marathon, let alone two! But here I am getting ready to embark on my biggest challenge to date, the New York City marathon, the king of all marathons, the big one. Ahh but that's not a challenge I hear you say, you've both done it before(this will be Aubrey's forth), you need a bigger challenge. You're right - myself and Aubrey wanted a bigger challenge and have set ourselves an enormous fundraising target €10,000 for the Irish Cancer Society.

It's ambitious, some will call us crazy(wouldn't be the first time!) but it's a cause, like many of you reading this, that is very close to our hearts. We know the sweat, blisters and possible tears(Aubrey's not mine!) will be worth it.

Over the next four months we'll be updating this blog with our journey to marathon glory!

So pull up a chair and join us for our NYC €10,000 challenge in aid of the Irish Cancer Society!

No comments:

Post a Comment